Paint Chip Calendar

$20

A dry-erase calendar that is functional and original - made from colorful paint chips!
paint chip calendar
I’ve been eyeing lots of cute paint chip calendars for some time. I’m also in need of a big, easy-to-use wall calendar for my beach condo. So I think I've found the perfect solution - a dry erase calendar made with paint chips!

If you’ve been following my Midcentury Modern Makeover series, you’d know I’m renovating a dated Florida condo into a modern nest. And yes, it is technically our “snowbird” retreat, which means we plan to spend 3 winter months there yearly. Hence, I’m in need of a 3-month wall calendar to help schedule visits from all our northern friends.

First, I selected the paint strips I wanted from a sample book. I decided to use 3 color waves, one for each month. Each strip showcased 7 paint blocks, one for each day of the week.
paint chip calendar
Next, I trimmed each strip, using a paper cutter. I tried to cut most of the writing off the strip.
paint chip calendar
I bought a ready-to-use frame from Michael’s. I thought a simple white one would give a modern look. I then cut a piece of white posterboard to fit the frame. I glued the paint strips to the posterboard, arranging them in 3 color blocks.
paint chip calendar
After putting the frame back together, all I need to do is to buy a black dry-erase pen. Months, days, and even additional notes can be added to the calendar as needed (just write on top of the glass – it wipes off easily!)  
paint chip calendar

Wendy at myfrenchtwist.com