The New Years Eve Ball Drop

$5

I have seen this idea on several occasions, and I always wanted to try it. so this year I did , and I love it and my husband is such a straight lines stickler! he liked it too. it was a very simple project and gave the room a look that said Happy New years!!I never knew the history of the New Years eve ball drop and being a New Yorker I felt I should have- shame om me! Well here it goes the ball began in (1907–1908) The first New years Eve Celebration was in Times Square and was held on December 31st in 1904. At the time the owner was , Adolph Ochs, this man decided to commemorate the beginning of the newspaper Headquarters at One Times Square, along with fire displays which were done on the roof….. of the building who knew?. This was done to bring in 1905. I tried it with just some simple string and Christmas balls hanging from my light in my dining room. If there is not a chandelier in place or lighting fixture .I'm sure a few inconspicuous thumb tacks in the ceiling would hurt. Give it a try it was fun!
Here is the string used ! and the balls, choose any size you like.
thought you'd like to take a peek at the table setting as well. by the way that's paper plates and paper napkins.
this is the balls hanging!
already for New Years Eve... so let the ball drop!

• Shui

How would you attach to a concrete ceiling?
    • Bonnie

Yes, but my Idea was to give it the NYs Eve ball dropping theme.

1 comment