A Kindess Bowl

$1
1 Week

As a child, I recall my mother making beautiful, frilly bowls. When I asked what they would hold, she just smiled and said, "they will hold kindness." "But won't the kindness go through the little holes," I asked. She would respond, "yes, if you make them the right way." My challenge for this week is something I have always wanted to try, "a kindness bowl."
I started my project with a cute little doily. After soaking it in 1/2 white glue and 1/2 water, I had to find a bowl that was just the right size and shape
After covering the bowl with Cling Wrap, I carefully centered the doily on the bowl and crimped the edges. Then, I placed the bowl in a roasting pan from The Dollar Tree. This kept the solution from dripping all over the place.
After about a week of natural drying, I hade my kindness bowl. I dressed it up a little by weaving it with a delicate ribbon.
In addition to kindness, I also added a few rose petals from our 30th wedding anniversary bouquet. How lovely the quote by Aesop, "No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. "

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home

• Joan
    Joan

Sorry but it appears that the doily first shown is not the same doily that was in the photos--it was much thinner and the pattern was different. Does that make a difference with the glue and water ratio and the drying time? Thanks.
    • Shakenm
      Shakenm

I noticed the same as others The first pic is a craft store dollie and the bowl was actually crocheted!

• Jo
    Jo

Can a doily be repurposed as a rose pedal holder for a flower girl..? Suggestions?

• Stacy rodgers
    Stacy rodgers

What about mod pog