Lady Bug, Lady Bug Fly Away Home by SK Sartell

It's amazing when a client just says " just make it awesome SK. A huge sunflower mural and a little car spruces up with lady bug paint.
The Sunflower Barn and "Sunny" are finished and ready for show.
Funny old car. This little bug had been under a tarp for over twenty years. It needed to be re-born. My client had given me a picture that looked some like her car. Her car is actually a bit younger than the picture which was given to me as a sample.
There's a first time for everything. I guess. This little old bug was going to be a real bug. Maybe not "real" but fun real.
I'm sure there are professional bug people out thee that will cringe at my interpretation of a lady bug. Oh well. Don't give an artist free license if you don't want crazy results.
I was trying to figure out how I could attach eyelashes to her pretty eyes. Lashes which would withstand tough riding and weather. Ta Da! A rubber lawn rake. Perfect. I cut them apart.
The new sexy eyelashes were then screwed to the light surrounds.
To long lashed beauties comin up...I didn't find out till much later you can actually purchase car headlight eyelashes. Don't that beat all?
Let get this girls makeup finished.
The barn was approx. 35' tall and 50' long. A free-hander painters dream. Up a ladder, down a ladder, up a ladder, down again. Repeat five million times.
The little red wagon filled with sunflowers trails behind Sunny for parades.
I used very heavy duty magnets to attach the water pipe antenna. Sunnies front license plate was of course sunflowersl
The three-D sign was a fun challenge too.
I get more paint on me than most of my projects. Hope you enjoyed our little sunshine for the day. sk

• Linda T

Are you telling your 'fans' that you left that gorgeous home with all the cement/concrete, painted floors and water feature ???? How hard was it to leave? Also, if the writer above had put spots on her yellow 'bug', she would have 'A Mexican Bean Beetle', which, when I grew British runner beans here, were attacked and devoured by 1,000s from the soybean field across the road, who obviously thought mine were a better flavour!!!

• SK on Elderberry

Dear Linda. You had me at Fans: I didn't know I had fans. How fun is that? Yes we have moved from my concrete abode to the most northern Idaho Rockies. where I am building another dream. We love the wilderness and I love the peace and quiet/ Right now we are having a brilliant thunder storm with the heavens crashing in rebellion. My new home will be shown as I start to finish the long dreamed of projects. In between client projects. Thank you so much for lifting my spirits this thunderous day. SK on Elderberry

• Debbi D

Now this just made my day ! 😁 I noticed your in Oregon as I am to. I live in a small town Sweet Home just north east of Eugene. Is that your store ? I would love to come by and visit ...... My first car was a 1973 bug and now I'm driving the new Beetle Bug ! Wish I kept that old yellow bug !! Wonderful job and what a great way to make people SMILE !! ✌ 🐞

• SK on Elderberry

Thanks Debbi. I'm working on my new studio's fifteen foot tall, twenty foot wide window wall. I have not taken the time to post. I will as the.projects complete. Thanks for visiting. SK on Elderberry sksartell.blogspot.com

• Joan c

You are a great artist who exudes happiness in your work!
    • SK on Elderberry

Wow. What a sweet and blessed comment. You have made my week. SK on Elderberry sksartell.blogspot.com