Update needed to front of my mobile home

+2
Yard is getting towards end of life planting, all though cared for. Porch entry to front door, again well cared for. Just want to add modern sophisticated appeal.

• Greyssis Greyssis on Jan 06, 2018
    its hard to imagine without seeing your actual porch, but to give it a more sophisticated look, I’d buy 2 large planter pots at Lowe’s, Hobby Lobby, Tuesday Morning or someplace similar. Buy something that has a glossy glaze in a white or solid color, and put a potted plant in each (even faux potted plant for ease of care). Then put one on each side of the front door or top of porch steps. Really nice planters always impress me!
  • Cathy Dillon Cathy Dillon on Jan 06, 2018
    Landscape lighting? Could be some solar path lights (package of 6 at Home depot - I forget the cost which is rare for me guessing $35-75 but they should last a few years). That is a modern concept as far as I'm concerned. The ones I bought are moveable - each one on it's own 'stake'. So you could switch them around many times and might get some new ideas. We have a couple of "drama" path lights that shine up through small trees which ( I think) is a sophisticated look.
    Are your perenials starting to die off? when you say 'end of life planting' ...I'm not sure what that is! No more space?
    Another idea is some sort of sculpture or focal point plant or object. When we painted our front door I think that had a lot of impact. That was an easy one for us with a steel front door.
  • Judy Judy on Jan 06, 2018
    When it gets spring time, check the flower shops, and get some ideas, for Perrinals, for this plant will come up yearly. The other one, Annuals, will only add color for one season, then it dies, and you will have to pitch it. Look for some colorful bushes, or flowers, to add a striking color to the trailer, and surroundings. I would ask to see the Butterfly Bush, but make sure it is Perrinals, not a Annual. This lovely bush, will come in several colors, and we love the Deep Purple, and this attracts Finches, and many other birds and they love the dew, and pollin inside the blossom. Best wishes, J.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jan 06, 2018
    Rose bushes are traditional but sophisticated. A gray porch and steps are classic, but add the backs to steps and paint those white. Every suggestion so far is excellent and they all add to the same great look. If you enclose the porch, do as quality a job as you can. In this case, anything less expensive will look cheap. Please take photos and post your project on Hometalk.com. ☺️
  • Cindy Cindy on Jan 06, 2018
    I agree that plants and flowers are so nice. I have a couple large urns on my front porch and I love them. I put a tall plant in the middle and add flowers around them. Looks great. Window boxes look good too. I don't have any but I think they add a lot of curb appeal. Good luck to you.