Bed Room Make Over

$150

Every year I make over a room in my home. This year it was my bedroom. Living in a 900 square foot house it's a big challenge.

This is my room before I started. The room is so small that all we can put in the room is 2 night stands and a queen size bed.
I removed all the plug and light covers. Moved the bed in the middle of the room and covered it with plastic. Then I primered all the walls, the celing, base boards and doors with kilz.
While I was waiting for paint to dry I had some crates that I decided to use as storage in the room. I primered and painted 6 of them a charcoal gray.
I painted the closet and entry door a charcoal gray. I left a little white showing to make it look a little rustic, painting with the grain of the wood.
I decided to paint the side walls a white and the end walls another color to make the very small room look bigger.

I decided to use a paint color on the end walls that was in my night stand that I gave a face lift to a few months ago (that's another project post).
My freshly painted room with added storage. I hung 2 wood crates on each side of the bed, added the lamps, gray lamp shades and made a headboard(the headboard is another project post) I need something on the walls, so I plan to paint some kind of wall art on the wall....can't wait to post that when I am finished.

• All Paint and Kilz  (Lowe's)
  • Brushes and rollers  (Lowe's or Walmart)
  • Wood crates  (Lowe's)

20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own