Desiree G
Desiree G
  • Orlando, FL

DIY Faux Topiary

$8

Faux plants can be pricey and often look really fake. This faux evergreen topiary was easy to make and looks very real! All you need is a foam ball, leafy stems, stick and something to put your faux topiary in. You can use a terracotta pot, galvanized bucket or I used a olive bucket.
diy faux topiary
diy faux topiary
diy faux topiary
I used a foam ball from the Dollar Tree, they sell different sizes so you can choose how big you want your faux topiary. Two came in the package for a $1!
diy faux topiary
I used a chopstick to hold the ball, paint it and let it dry.
diy faux topiary
While its drying pull your leaves off of the stem so you have a good amount of leaves. This one used 3 stems. I bought these from Hobby Lobby in the after Christmas sale for $1 each! Unfortunately you want be able to find these exact stems since they were Christmas greens but you can find some other type of leafy green.
diy faux topiary
You can just push the leaves right into the foam ball and keep filling it up. I used the shorter leaves for the bottom part of the plant closest to the stem. Since plants grow larger around the top side naturally it was perfect.
diy faux topiary
diy faux topiary
I just cup a branch from my bushes outside and used that for the stem of the topiary.
diy faux topiary
diy faux topiary
I had foam bricks from an old Edible Arrangement and just shove the stem into that and wrapped it in burlap and gather it at the base of the plant and tie it off with some jute rope. I love the look of olive buckets and placed the plant in one from Hobby Lobby.
diy faux topiary
diy faux topiary
diy faux topiary

Desiree G