LOVE SHELF

$20

I saw this shelf on Pintrest a while ago and wanted to make it. As soon as the season for Valentine's was coming , I started the shelf. I decided I wanted to make a few at a time. As I'm sure I'd sell or use them as gifts. I asked by Hubby to help. On Friday, I drew up various designs based off of pictures of various LOVE shelves that I had seen. Then, I decided how tall I wanted the shelf to be and came up with the other dimensions. I had a wood pallet made out of 2x4 so I did not have to purchase wood or screws. On Saturday, my hubby and I cut the boards and assembled the shelf. Then I stained some, I wanted a few different looks, so I also painted one giving it a shabby chic finish. I am very pleased with how all the shelves turned out! However it was very large so I decided to make some half the size. I will show you both below. Make whatever works for your space.

Materials

Wood: untreated 2x4 or 2x8 for best results

Wood Screws: 26, 2.5 - 4 in each

pencil

Miter saw

Tape Measure

Square

Drill

Sandpaper and Sander

D Rings (to put on back to hang)

*Paint: be sure you have both primer and paint. I used black primer and the color I used was Chalk White by General Finishes

*Stain: if you go this route I used Classic Grey by Minwax, Special Walnut by Minwax

Materials

Wood Screws: 26, 2.5 - 4 in each

pencil

Miter saw

Tape Measure

Square

Drill

Sandpaper and Sander

D Rings (to put on back to hang)

*Paint: be sure you have both primer and paint. I used black primer and the color I used was Chalk White by General Finishes

You need to cut all the wood in these sizes

Large Shelf:

13.5" 4

25" 1

15" 1

15.5" 3 2 will have 22.5 degrees at top

19" 1

6.25" 1

Small Shelf:

7 1/2" 2

7 3/4" 2

9 1/2" 1

3 1/8" 1

12 1/2" 1

6 3/4" 4

You will want to assemble from the bottom up.

You will want to use a square to make sure that everything is squared up

Apply all with screws

the V has 4 cuts at 22.5 degree at the top and bottom of each board

After you but them together this how they should look and if done right all should stand on there own. I did three right off the bat. I think they will make great Valentines gifts

one I did in the Classic Grey stain by Minwax

One in Special Walnut by Minwax

last one I did with the Black primer and let dry then I painted with Chalk White by General Finishes. I used my hand sander and sanded so the black showed through giving it the appearance that it looked old.

again if you want to make the smaller one here is the cut list

small shelf

7 1/2" 2

7 3/4" 2

9 1/2" 1

3 1/8" 1

12 1/2" 1

6 3/4" 4

I did the smalls in the same finishes and added 2 hooks (D rings) on each along the L bottom so it huge nice and straight 

I think they all turned out great and they are available Gilbert Marketplace https://www.facebook.com/groups/148871301967379/ if you'd like to order one. Happy Crafting 

32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See

• Storm Jones
    Storm Jones

How do you hang this? Do you need to add hooks to the back or L brackets on the wall?

• Kyle
    Kyle

do you have a diagram of what pieces are what for the smaller love sign?

• Shelly L Nemeth
      Shelly L Nemeth

I think one but a 10’ I’d have to do the math sometimes it’s better to use 12’ also

• Lori Braun
    Lori Braun

The cuts on the V seem like they should be 22.5 degree on the small version. Anyone else think the V is too spread out using 45 degree cuts?