German Grain Sack Chair Redo.
Redo of a vintage chair using German grain sack.
I loved the lines of this old vintage chair I found for $25 at a thrift store. Still has the original solid brass casters on the front. I knew it would be perfect for slipcovers made out of an antique German grain sack I had.
"Such a deal"
The upholstery was a dirty vinyl feeling "fabric" and the frame was dusty, dirty, and full of spider webs, etc.
Dry brushed the dust and dirt off and then wiped it down with a damp cloth before adding a couple of coats of dark Brie wax.
Wood cleaned up and waxed and slipcover finished. I also decided to take some of the original horsehair stuffing out of the arm covers.
Covered buttons on tabs although they don't actually button.