8 Amazing Ways to Turn Pickle Jars Into Home Decor!

$20

Got any pickle jars lying around? Don't toss them before you see these great DIY's!

To begin, take off the label by soaking the pickle jar in a sink full of warm water & add 1 cup of vinegar. After the labels are off wash with dish soap to make sure the jar is clean.

Next, grab a dollar store candle stick & glue it to the jar with E6000 glue. Press down the candle stick to the pickle jar & let sit over night to allow the glue to harden.
Next, grab a spray bottle and mix equal parts water & vinegar.
Begin spraying with Krylon Looking Glass Spray paint & immediately spray on the water/vinegar mixture & blot with a paper towel. This will give the mercury glass look!
Remove the pickle jar lid and drill a hole for the knob on the top of the lid & add the cabinet knob.
Add to your home & stand back to admire your work!
Project Number 2: Begin by grabbing a large pickle jar. Apply some masking tape to the front of the jar in whatever shape you choose. After that, add some chalkboard paint & peel!
Take off the lid, drill a hole in the middle & add some black paint.
Next, add a cabinet knob.

Add to your home & store anything you choose! Perfect to spice up any corner of your kitchen or bathroom!
Project Number 3: Begin by grabbing a disposable cookie sheet & lay pickle jar on it to measure the height of the jar.
Next, cut the cookie sheet into a long strip & poke holes into it with a nail.
Roll up the strip into the jar & add an LED tea light. Screw the lid back on.
Check out this incredible star lantern! Perfect as a night light in the bathroom, or in the kid's room!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Check out this video for 5 more ideas!

21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!

• JohnnieandMaria Perales
    JohnnieandMaria Perales

at what temperature do we put the mod podge painted project in the oven and for hoe long?
    • Nadine Hartman Bourne
      Nadine Hartman Bourne

The lowest your oven will go and usually an hour or so. You are just using it to dry the glue. You could just leave it to air dry and not use the oven it just takes longer to dry.

• Pam1418628
    Pam1418628

Did I miss something, because I didn't see anything about putting modge podge on anything?

• Tonihrabak
    Tonihrabak

Don't cringe, I just threw several gallon Pickle jars out. I cant get the smell out of them, washing, soaking, scrubbing. Nothing worked. Help would love to do the canister set.

• Missie
      Missie

Gosh, Thanks for all the tips. I also have disposed of jars due to smell.

• Melissa Swan
    Melissa Swan

I love all these. So cute to be so frugal! ;)

• Cheyrl Gardener
    Cheyrl Gardener

I gave mine to my creative daughter. Then needed big jars to store flour in @ beginning of pandemic. spent $12.95 for big canister size at WalMart.