Asked on Jan 12, 2018

I’m painting trim white - should I paint all the doors white too?

Pat21977374AshleyrheaFiddledd224
+8

Gutted family room. Decided to paint the trim white (on patio door and french doors leading to living room). We want to brighten up the hallway. Should I paint trim and doors white or just the trim?
q i m painting trim white should i paint all the doors white too
French doors from family room into living room.
Patio doors (sliding door). Direct Sun (when it’s out!) - help with window treatments? I did have drapes with a valance (I know, get rid of the valance!)
This is the hallway - 5 doorways. The tile is shades of brown, tan, green. Also, floor has the same tile bullnose (trim) so no ”white” trim along the floor. Should trim and doors be all white?
  • Mogie

From your picture it looks somewhat dark in there so yes I would just to brighten it up a little.

• Bij30582694

Yes.

• Vimarhonor

Yes, the trim and doors most commonly match indoors.
    Outdoors its another option with different color molding and a variety of bright and colorful exterior doors.

• Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom

Yes! Do the doors too, it'll make a big difference. We had to do all of our trim and doors too. I hated painting by the time it was done, but it was worth it. :)

• Tinyshoes

I would

• Eroque022810

Depends on wood of door,do you like it? I have exposed oak in my home trimmed in white which I did not want painted because I likes the look. The WI dows were also done in the same manner. It's a very personal choice. I also don't like clutter and that adds interest.

• Joy30150932

With the white trim and white doors it certainly would brighten up the room. Go for it!! Put a good primer on the doors first and then do the finish coat.

• Fiddledd224

I would live with it for a few weeks. If you think you want to do it after that, then do it. But once you paint over the stain it is hard to go back if you don't like it.

• Ashleyrhea

i think the doors are beautiful how they are!!

• Pat21977374

Yes, I would paint. It looks really dark in there.