I love to try to craft. My problem is that I mess up so much and have

+3
  • Your question got cut-off, Shirley, but, don't worry about 'messing up'. That's how we learn new things!

• We all mess up, that is how we learn. Just be patient when working on a project and try not to rush. Start with easy projects or those that have step by step instructions. Once you have tried a few things, you will get better at it. Think of it like cooking or learning a new language or learning to type - it all takes time, a bunch of errors and practice! The more you craft, the better you will get! 🤗

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jan 13, 2018
    We all mess up, but if we keep trying, we find one or two things we can do well. Just keep trying Shirley. The main thing is not the product, but the process. If you enjoy it, that is what is important. I am enclosing a bad painting for you to see. I keep trying new things, and I enjoy the process. If no one else likes it, I still have the hours I spent just relaxing and enjoying myself. I cannot believe how time flies when I paint. Just so you can have a laugh, here is an abstract I did recently.

• Pjo26908388 Pjo26908388 on Jan 13, 2018
    Hi Shirley,

Most everyone learns best from another person that shows them. (Experiential learning.) Take a class or workshop in something you want to learn. It will give you practice and you can ask questions.

Instructors are always open to helping those who want to learn. Craft stores, community colleges, garden stores and the like offer guidance on all types of topics. I'm all for library books and asking "how did you do that?" when I see something amazing.

As you explore and find hobbies that you excel at, you'lol become a pro! We all get better at things we practice; keep at it and you'll have success.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 13, 2018
    Everyone messes up at first. Find a craft you love and keep trying. You'll get better. Oh, and don't be too hard on yourself.