Real Thin Brick Accent Wall

$1300
1 Week

I added a real thin brick accent wall to my dining room!

This is a project I have wanted to attempt for years. I had read about a few home decor bloggers that installed thin brick veneer in their homes and the results always looked amazing.

Thin brick veneer is just like regular brick except it’s thin. It gives you the look of brick but with the ease of installing tile. You can put it on your walls, your floors, indoors or outdoors.

If you’ve never installed tile and the thought of it feels intimidating, this is the project for you. The great thing about brick is that it looks better when it’s not perfect. I’m really into that “farmhouse” style Joanna Gaines has made popular over the past couple of years and a brick wall fits in perfectly with that aesthetic. If you mess up part of this project, it’s no big deal- brick walls are meant to have character.

My dining room before.

After the tile adhesive was set I applied the grout in between the bricks with a grout bag. I smoothed it out with a sponge and using my fingers covered in gloves.

I cleaned up extra grout with a sponge.

The grout set in about a day.

Adrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little Gnome

• Debra Ridley Hurst

Who is Joanna Gaines?
    • Melody

not a home flipper, but a fixer upper for couples who buy homes that need major renovations....very well done show and style by Joanna and her hubby.
  • JoLeen Bolton

Did you whitewash the brick? Tried the link to see, but pop-ups blocked everything.
  • Bambi

Is it my imagination or does your wall slope down toward the right of the pictures? If so, did you cut each one of the bricks along the ceiling to size. The finished project is gorgeous but I don't think I'd have the patience. You did a great job!

• Susie

I absolutely love what you did and I love the brick you chose, too. Great job!!
  • Cathy R

Great work....looks amazing!