SK on Elderberry
SK on Elderberry
  • Bonners Ferry, ID

SK's Old TV Stand...NOT!

I wanted an antique dresser or cabinet to snuggle into a corner and use for a vanity. Antiques were way over our budget and wouldn't fit in a corner.
an old tv stand not, bathroom ideas, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I picked up this very inexpensive TV cabinet. Plain unsealed pine.
I flipped it upside down, took the knobs off and filled the holes and sanded. I used curtain finials for the feet.
I cut a larger top from clear pine and cut a hole for a hand-thrown sink.
I painted the entire cabinet, top included with a good black latex paint. Then sanded it back to antique it. I used a dark umber paint to wipe it down and then wipe it off. this antiquing glaze filled all the indents and sanded corners. The sink was placed in the cut hole and sealed in. Then used pretty old fashioned porcelain knobs for contrast. Ta Da! Old cabinet fit the bill for way less money than a real antique.
sk

• Chris aka monkey

@SK wahhhhhhh i love this please put in mail promptly thank you xx

• Crystal @ Urban Patina

Very creative, never thought of flipping something upside down! Nicely done.

• SK on Elderberry

@Crystal @ Urban Patina Thanks Crystal. My hubby just can't figure out how my brain works. " Upside Down?" yes dear upside down. "But Why?" on and on.....lol. sk