How to Make a Spectacular Floor Lamp With Logs

$60

How to make a lamp with a wood log? You may have wood logs available around you, or maybe a wood part too big to put in a fireplace… Make this amazing wood floor lamp as indoor or outdoor lighting!

This great tutorial will help you in all stages, however, some information, details may be missing, in this case, leave a comment or use your imagination to solve the problem ;) The guide is easier than it sounds, you just need some woodworking knowledge.

Full steps on idlights.com

Locate the materials you need for this craft.

Cut the wood log into slices (2 cm minimum) with a wood saw.

Find the center of each log slice and make a hole with a drill, use the same diameter as the plexiglass tube.

Next steps on idlights.com

25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For

To see more: https://www.idlights.com/how-to-make-a-spectacular-lamp-with-logs/

• Robyn Garner
    Robyn Garner

VERY cool! Why did you coat the inside of the holes with wood glue & let it dry? Is this to allow the plexi tube to slide in easier?

• Jack
    Jack

I know there is a lot of leeway here, but for this specific piece - what is the thickness of the slices on top and bottom and the thickness of the slices in between? What is the spacing between slices?

• Sherry Miller
      Sherry Miller

It looks to me that it would depend on the length of your log. I have questions too but This part would be your own imagination. I would cut the top and bottom equally say 2 inches each. then measure the center piece in equal sizes or just decide to cut the middle one all one inch each discarding the last odd slice. Hope this helps you.

Now I have to go back and ask him my question.

• Sherry Miller
    Sherry Miller

This is so beautiful ! I moved from California to Missouri 8 years ago. I miss it a lot. In trying to bring a piece of California with me I brought a palm tree stump with the plan to mosaic the top and use as a small table for the deck. I think I can still do that and just go farther and make it a lamp too. it is a stump so the bottom is bigger around than the top.. Problem is I am a 72 year old lady without a saw and would probably hurt myself it I did. Would a place like Lowe's or Home Depot cut my stump for me. Also palm trees have a layered smooth bark so should I varnish it first so I don't lose layers ? It is a pretty burgundy color and is very sentimental to me so I don't want to damage it.

Please advise me.

Sherry

• Gayle
      Gayle

Not positive but I think they only cut what is bought there. You can find a handyman that could do it for you.