Farmhouse Style Storage for DVD's & Xbox Games

$20

I wanted a place to store all of our DVD's and Xbox games that was more like the farmhouse style I like and also somewhat out of site. It was a hot mess before...
So I picked up these inexpensive unfinished wood crates at Michaels for around $8 each.
To get the most out of the space in the crate, my husband added a shelf in the middle with thin plywood we had left over in the garage.
He attached it with small wooden pieces of pine for "brackets" on each side.
I finished up staining them using Minwax stain in Espresso mixed with a bit of Watco Dark Walnut stain. Full disclosure, this was time consuming but they turned out pretty.
So I originally was planning on stacking them on top of the blanket chest that was there but then realized that I could use this metal shelf I had (another project) if I moved the bottom shelf up.
Don't want to see the games/dvds? Just turn the crate around.
I also painted the wash stand in the corner to house the electronic components. Here's the corner all put back together.
So a little bit of paint and stain go a long way. To see more of these projects, you can visit my blog at http://mylifeonkayderosscreek.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lifeonkayderosscreek/

Colleen@lifeonkayderosscreek

• Bren Branch

In your first photo you had a large chest in the corner with game players or video player consoles with cables on top . In your finished photo, you said you painted the washstand in the corner to match the storage, but you didn’t have a washstand in the corner but a chest. Where did you store all the consoles and cables?

• Jennifer Knowles

I love the crests. I was wondering if you also did a video on the rack.

Thank you.

Jennifer

• Jennifer Knowles

Thank you.

Jennifer