Asked on Jan 16, 2018

What's the best mini circular saw for a woman with small hands?

Melanie CzokaYolanda AcevedoSgc28423175
+6

What's the best mini circular saw for a woman with small hands for crafts and small woodworking projects. Amazon ratings are all over the map.

• Abel Baker
    Abel Baker

You will need to go to a hardware store and actually handle one to make sure it is comfortable in your hand. One limitation of small circular saws is that they only cut wood that is 1" in thickness or less. Some only do 1/2'. Although you may have to take a break during a long project, I strongly suggest a cordless. One that seems to get good reviews is the Makita SH02R1. It comes with 2 batteries, so you can be using one while charging the other, a charging unit and a case. It is lightweight and the handle is more ergonomic than other small saws.
  • 2dogal
    2dogal

I'd go to a hardware store and try them out. Physically hold and lift them.
  • Dfm
    Dfm

go to the store and get your hands on as many as you can. You want your grip to feel comfortable, no issues holding it for longer periods. Check what accessories come with, price out the blades for that model....some places give a great price on the tool, and kill the budget with the blades. Now then cordless sounds good, and it should be a good thing..up until company makes a new improved model and drops support for the former ones battery pack. Yup, that’s happened.
  • Sgc28423175
    Sgc28423175

Thanks. Like the cordless suggestion. Way better than running an extension cord to the outlet-free patio.
  • Sgc28423175
    Sgc28423175

Thanks. Okay, gotta get off Amazon and head to ace.
  • Yolanda Acevedo
    Yolanda Acevedo

BIU☺
  • Melanie Czoka
    Melanie Czoka

I like to read all of the reviews on power tools online, before I buy. I look foe the comments from women. Lol.