Emily
Emily
  • Tutorial Team
  • South Milwaukee, WI

No Sew Seat Cushions

$55

We have old, worn, thin seat cushions on our kitchen chairs and I wanted to change that. I'm terrible with a sewing machine but I was determined to do this project!
no sew seat cushions
I bought some square foam cushions and fabric that matched our kitchen colors.
no sew seat cushions
Our old seat cushions were slightly too small for the chairs so I took those and I drew an outline around it on the new foam, adding a couple extra inches. When I had the foam cut to shape, I traced around that on the fabric, leaving just about an inch to fold over. I cut out two seat shapes from the fabric - one for the top, one for the bottom.
no sew seat cushions
Then I bought this twisted rope with 1/4 edging from JoAnn Fabric and I used fabric glue to attached one piece of the cut fabric to the rope edging. After that, I took the second piece of cut fabric and glued the two pieces together, around the foam cushions .
no sew seat cushions
They aren't perfect, but they are thicker, more comfortable, and much cuter than our old, flat seat cushions!