What can I do to reduce the tremendous amount of dust in my home?

+8
I live in a Sears kit home, which also has a 2 car garage attached. Our bedroom is over the garage. Ever since we’ve moved here, I’ve been battling huge amounts of dust. It clings to everything and hangs down cobwebs from the ceiling. It seems that every two weeks my cleaning is undone. I’ve had my ducks cleaned twice and change the air filters in my two HVAC units. Advice? It’s everywhere!

• See if anything here helps you out. I answered this same question for someone else recently, let me go find that answer too.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 17, 2018
    I would get my caulk gun and caulk all around the windows, baseboards, doors and ceiling line. I use negative ion generators, and they are choked with dust but the best part is no filters to buy, just wipe the blades and its good to go..... I do weekly. I have a couple Ionic Breezes.
    I would also look in the garage for any openings, and fill with either spray foam insulation or use fiberglass rockwool. Big openings and if the ceiling isn't finished, insulate and finish it..... lots of health problems in bedrooms above garages if they aren't insulated and finished properly.
  • Judy Judy on Jan 17, 2018
    I would check carefully, the pipes of the furnace, in the garage. Be sure that no dust from the cars, is coming upstairs. All is needed, is just vent, that is not closed, and this maybe the answer. Do check them all, for this reason. With the cars, below you, and the dirt from the driveway, or road, the cars are bring this dirt into the garage, so clean the garage, sweep it good, then keep the door shut, as much as possible. Be sure they do NOT RACE THE ENGINE, while it is in the garage, for this isn't helping you at all. Best wishes, J.
  • Castrang17 Castrang17 on Jan 18, 2018
    Put a sealed wood ceiling with insulation in the garage. May sure you have carbon monoxide detectors in your home, especially in the bedroom over garage.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 18, 2018
    A dehumidifier might help as well!
  • DAWNA DANSBY DAWNA DANSBY on Jan 24, 2018
    Air Purifier that meets EPA standards. also add a large humiderfier.
  • John White John White on May 03, 2018
    Here are some easy tips to eliminate dust from your home

• Change your bedding once in a week.
    • Keep closets tidy because garments stored in closets shed lots of fiber.
    • Remove clutter from your floors.
    • Say no to carpeting.
    • Use damp cloth or moist towelette to wipe down surfaces.
    • Clean the highest surfaces first and work bay down, in this way you can not miss any corner.
    • Use air purifiers.

• Alison Savill Alison Savill on Jun 27, 2018
    Get some oxygen bomb plants they take toxins out of your house and replace with oxygen
    Here they are