Knelso18
Knelso18
  • Tutorial Team
  • Zimmerman, MN

Easy Under Cabinet Lighting and Hidden Cords

$70

We have a pretty big counter area and lots of cabinets. The lighting has always been difficult. We have thought about under cabinet lighting, but I thought the cords would drive me nuts! I like organized mess.
Then one night the solution came to me... white duct tape to hide the cords. Tape them to the white bottoms of cabinets.
ordered under cabinet lights from Amazon (a coupon blog I follow showed some on sale at a great price)...
easy under cabinet lighting and hidden cords
Lights and tape... all you need beside the screwdriver.
Here is what they looked like under my cabinet with clear packing tape... not my favorite.
Here is with no tape and extra cords just hanging. Do not want that at all.
Used white duct tape to cover holes too (we used to have an under cabinet DVD player, so holes still there)
Here's a view from under the cabinet with the wires covered by the white duct tape.
Looks so clean and not as noticeable. And the duct tape will hold!
Dark corner... hard to see right?
Ignore the Messy counter but see how lit up it is...
Bought 2 sets as we have the sink separating the cabinetS. Worked perfectly. And such wonderful light!

• Loi21243069

Where are the lights plugged in ??? please. share where and how. Thank you

• Knelso18

See photos I posted on next question... plugged in and a switch to turn on and off.

• Don26429926

Where did you plug them in?

• Judy Maynard

You can paint the cord to match the wall or tile. The manufacturer would never have that many colors of wire, It wouldn't be cost effective.

• Carol

How did you secure the lights I am assuming screws but maybe you came up with a better idea

• Knelso18

The light kit its self comes with brackets and screws. I was surprised how well they hang up and secure. They are not going anywhere!