SwingOut Catchall

$10

My goal for my Craft Rehab category on Birdz of a Feather is to encourage sustainable crafting by providing inspirational upcycles using unexpected materials. It’s all about the 3 R’s – reduce, reuse and recycle! If you’re a fan of Craft Rehab, you’ve seen this time and time again through projects such as my Valentine’s Day Paint Stick Pallet, Plastic Clamshell Shrink Art, Soda Bottle Vertical Garden, Paint Bucket Water Feature and Blue Jean Planter, to name a few!

You may be a little doubtful that you can turn a tuna can into something you’d want to put on full display in the bedroom, kitchen or office, but the end result is both attractive and useful – in an industrial sort of way 🙂

Here's a brief look at the steps involved:

Ensure the pieces are glued straight up and down. If you get them off-kilter it could interfere with the swing-out action – and will show uneven gaps.

I made my own labels for the cans, cut them out and glued them on with white glue.

Stack 'em up with spacers in between:

Cap it off:

Make a Stand

To make a stand, I used a 3″ length of 3/4″ black iron pipe leftover from another project and screwed it onto a flange. This allows you to attach the stand to give it some height as shown below.

Load it Up and Swing into Action

Here is one option in the kitchen being used as a hot drink station.

Watch the video above this post to see how easy it comes together (and subscribe to our YouTube Channel while you're at it)! For the full Step-by-step tutorial, visit the link at the end of this post.

I can’t wait to show you the newest upcycle project I have planned! It all starts with I found on garbage day.

Subscribe to us on Birdz of a Feather at the link below if you want to see what we do with future upcycles! You can also follow Birdz of a Feather on:

,

Facebook: http://bit.ly/BirdzFB

YouTube: http://bit.ly/BirdzYT

Instagram: http://bit.ly/BirdzIG 

• Tuna cans  (Recycling bin)
  • Smoothie straws  (Dollar store)

Birdz of a Feather