Making Paper Pots for Starting Seeds

$0

Take Old Newspaper and made seed starting pots in minutes.
retired work shoe planters
This project is simple and effective. It's also a great one to teach kiddos who want to help getting seeds started for the spring garden.

We begin with recycled materials and scissors that's it.
retired work shoe planters
Take newspaper clippings and cut into strips. I did mine about a foot long. Once they were cut then I took a bottle of glue (You could use anything similar) I used this as my pot shape.
retired work shoe planters
I simply rolled the paper around the base of the bottle, this made about two rolls and then folded in the bottom until I had the shape of a cup.

Now you can buy a tool for this on amazon but I'm here to say this glue bottle worked perfectly so save that money for seeds and just clip, roll and fold.
retired work shoe planters
This was so easy and I have several dozen made in minutes. Once completed I lined them up on a tray, filled with damp potting soil and added seeds.

Make sure to label what you planted so you remember once they sprout. Germination is always quick and I stored this tray near a window for natural light.

• Newspaper
  • Scissor and a glue bottle
Garden Up Green - Carole