Making Paper Pots for Starting Seeds

1.4K Views
Take Old Newspaper and made seed starting pots in minutes.
Time: 30 MinutesCost: $0Difficulty: Easy
  • retired work shoe planters
This project is simple and effective. It's also a great one to teach kiddos who want to help getting seeds started for the spring garden.

We begin with recycled materials and scissors that's it.
  • retired work shoe planters
Take newspaper clippings and cut into strips. I did mine about a foot long. Once they were cut then I took a bottle of glue (You could use anything similar) I used this as my pot shape.
  • retired work shoe planters
I simply rolled the paper around the base of the bottle, this made about two rolls and then folded in the bottom until I had the shape of a cup.

Now you can buy a tool for this on amazon but I'm here to say this glue bottle worked perfectly so save that money for seeds and just clip, roll and fold.
  • retired work shoe planters
This was so easy and I have several dozen made in minutes. Once completed I lined them up on a tray, filled with damp potting soil and added seeds.

Make sure to label what you planted so you remember once they sprout. Germination is always quick and I stored this tray near a window for natural light.

Suggested materials for this project:

• Newspaper
  • Scissor and a glue bottle
Garden Up Green - Carole

Ask a Question