Made From Pinterest
Made From Pinterest
  • El Dorado Hills, CA

Etched Glass Soap Dispenser

Tutorial on how to make an Etched Glass Soap Dispenser made out of an olive oil dispenser.
etched glass soap dispenser, cleaning tips, crafts
Made out of an olive oil dispenser, this dish soap dispenser looks much nicer than the manufacturers soap bottle sitting on your counter.
Adhere the vinyl to your glass dispenser.
Apply Armour Etch etching cream with a paint brush. Be careful not to get any etching cream on the sides. Leave cream on for five minutes.
Wash off with warm water and let dry. Fill with your choice of liquid dish soap. If the dish soap is too thick and comes out too slow, add a little water to thin.

Made From Pinterest

• Dee Johnston

will the words wear off after as time ?

• Kelly

Have you had trouble with adhesive left behind on the glass after removing the stencil? The etching has been the easy part for my project. It's cleaning the adhesive off the glasses that is time consuming and labor intensive. Any hints to avoid this issue? I'm making 200 etched drinking glasses as the favor for my daughter's wedding!

• Pat Ruge

This is a great idea! I have one w/o the etching, but unless you include how and where you got the stencil it seems 2 me a bit unfair to crafters who would like to reproduce. My cricut ($2-300) (already invested) + the cost of the blank stencil (at least $1) can cut out the stencil but some if not most crafters will not have this available. Me thinks you assume too much! For us more fortunate - I like the idea and may well follow through with the idea, bks I do have a Cricut and necessary supplies (except for the $20 in etching cream) necessary to produce.If in fact you have a Cricut ($2-300), blank stencil $1) , and a bottle of etching cream($20), this would make an excellent present at little cost. Bottom line is for $220-320 already invested, you too can have this wonderful concept. Pls take note to add water per ljanet1 to make the soap flow, w/or w/o the etching. PS: I find it more effective to add the water first - fill approx 1/3 water, then liquid dish soap. Then u d/n have to shake it after, which may cause a myriad of other problems. All this at no additional cost but w/o the etching.

• Brandi Lynn

Wow just wow....following your thought process it is possible to buy just the blank stencil $1 and etching cream $1-3 at the dollar store - when creating the stencil just use a craft knife or like most everyone has somewhere around the house a razorblade (if not $2 at a dollar store) my total varies greatly from your. The cutting machines are not necessary. Really easy way is to buy a sheet of letters from yep the dollar store and use those to keep letters clear and frost the rest of bottle or even free hand letters with etching cream - free hand lettering is coming back in style & I enjoy crafting on the cheap it's way more fun for me and it means I can do more of it 😉

• Bernadette Carter

I use a hand soap dispenser for dish soap.