Reuse Twist Ties To Make This Thrifty Netting Fence for Your Garden

$15

Hi! If you know my blog Dagmar's Home, you know that I'm passionate about green living.

I'm all about reusing, recycling, and repurposing, and kind of a hoarder of a lot of things like orange juice can tops (which I reused for plant markers and to make this pin board).

One thing I keep saving is the twist ties from bread bags, and they came in handy when I devised an inexpensive and super fast netting fence
reuse twist ties to make this thrifty netting fence for your garden
These are the only materials I needed for this fence: twist ties from bread bags, one roll of deer netting, and a few garden stakes.
I started with putting the garden stakes onto the ground around my container garden.
This is what it looked like after all five stakes were in the ground.
Then I wrapped the deer netting around the stalks, and I used twist ties to keep the netting in place.

I used about three twist ties per stake. It was so easy to add those to the stakes.

BTW, do you know what else you could reuse? Those little plastic clips that hold orchids in place on the little stakes that hold them up. I save those as well.
This is the final product, before I cut the roll of netting off.

ou could go around the stalks twice or three times if you have a problem with critters - my fence was more preventative - I didn't have a problem with bunnies or mice, so one pass was enough for our garden.
Since our garden is so small, there is no way deer can jump into it, but if you have a large garden, make sure you buy stakes that are tall enough to keep deer out.
There you have it - reuse twist ties to put up this practical garden fencing around your vegetable garden!

You can see the post on Dagmar's Home - the link is below.
Dagmar's Home