How is it going Bbarr?
From my kitchen redo experience.
- Induction cook-top (Bosch Benchmark, specs). Just awesome to me better than gas and infinitely better than electric resistance.
- Lot of lighting, under-counter and overheard.
- High end quiet dishwasher (once again, pretty happy with ours Bosch!).
- Water filtration system with separate spigot.
- Hot water dispenser (for tea/coffee, noodles and simply to assist you while cooking) - though we installed our under sink to save working space.
Not Worth It:
- Built in soap dispenser, pretty useless (IMO).
- Downdraft vent. You are basically fighting physics and you lose.
Also I'd recommend you to maximize pantry space. I personally don't like open shelving. It looks cheap, non functional, and likely to be messy under real conditions to me. Talking about mess, choose linoleum or tiles for flooring since, well, you're going to spill things. Don't be like a friend of mine who decided to install wood flooring in kitchen area (w/o special protection).
Large pantry would be on my wish list. Shelves to hold roasters, deep friers, bulk buys of toilet paper, etc. - and room to store big bags of dog food, the vac and cleaning items.