How to Repurpose Oats Container

$0

I have used oats containers to store a lot of things but the problem is when I want one item, I have to dump the whole container to look for that one item. So, I decided to repurpose the oats container into a container with containers inside(you get it, right? ;)) so that it is easy to organize and sort things inside. Let's see how.
how to repurpose oats container
how to repurpose oats container
Make a slit on one side of the container and cut open the container in such a way that half of the container is open. 
how to repurpose oats container
Cover the container with card stock of your choice with double sided tape and decorate it with washi tape, if desired. If you want to overlap the container at the edge a little bit, leave an inch of card stock and fold it over to secure.
how to repurpose oats container
how to repurpose oats container
Cut two pieces of paper, fold and secure it with tape to act as a closure. Glue a piece of velcro to the edge of the paper and glue the another piece of velcro to the container. 
how to repurpose oats container
how to repurpose oats container
Trace the top or bottom part of the container on to a cardboard, cut four pieces of circles in the cardboard. Cover it card stock using tape or glue.
how to repurpose oats container
Glue one piece of cardboard to the top of the container using hot glue.For the remaining steps,  Click here to check how I fixed the containers inside and completed the project.
how to repurpose oats container
how to repurpose oats container

Sahana

• Jewellmartin

I think these would be great containers for small toy pieces for older children who would not tear the boxes apart. American Girl Dolls and Barbies, for instance, have so many tiny accessories they get lost in a regular toy box. Thanks for this inexpensive yet practical storage idea. ☺️

• Christie Decker

I think maybe put some water-safe feet (soda bottle tops?) on this and use in the bathroom for hair do-dads. It will keep them neatly separated and maybe you could make a 'hinge' in the oat container to make sure it opens and closes easily for a longer term...one tray for hair bands, one for barrettes, one for clips, etc. Blessings!