Diy Restoration Hardware Knock Off Orb Chandelier

$100

I love everything about Restoration Hardware but not their prices. Their orb chandelier is $2700 and my DIY version is $100! Designer decor on a budget!
1. A flea market or thrift store chandelier. Mine is vintage from a flea market a few years ago.
2. High Tensile fencing wire around $20. I actually got mine from Lowes by the fencing section outdoors. Also, big pliers. I used Kobalt 9 inch Linesman Pliers from Lowes. They are HIGH leverage pliers. $13
I stood on a chair and took the wire and put a circle of it around top to bottom to see how big you want your circle. Clip the wire 2 inches longer than what you need and safely get off the chair.
This first circle will be your template for all the others.
I HAVE 8 ARMS ON MY CHANDELIER SO I CUT 4 CIRCLE FOR THE BASE OF THE BALL. Then I cut 3 more to make it more orb like.
So for an 8 armed chandelier use 7 wire circles.
Hold the end of the wire and bend it down. Do this to both sides of the circle.
Once the first circle is made, make 6 more circles using the 1st one as a template.
Once your circles are done take them outside to spray paint.
4. Spray paint that matches your chandelier. I used Valspar metallic gold from Lowes. $4-5
Spray paint one side and let it dry then flip them over and spray paint the other side. Let the 2nd side dry and then you are ready to put them on your chandelier!
*1-4 wire will be vertical circles. I was so excited I forgot to snap a picture of the first 4.
is horizontal and 6&7 cris cross eachother.
The reason why these hold on is because it is a tight squeeze and they hook onto eachother holding everything tight.
5-7 will be hooked on eachother individually.
Once you have all 7 on your can tweak the spacing and make sure everything is holding nice and tight and you are done!
It was super simple and the outcome is dramatic!
Check out the detailed tutorial at http://www.vintageromancestyle.com/2014/01/diy-restoration-hardware-crystal-orb.html

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Teryn Yancey

• Jacquie Trundy
    Jacquie Trundy

You are so talented. Do you have any plans for the mirror?

• Karen Kay
    Karen Kay

I honestly like yours better than the one for $2,700! :)

• Mary
      Mary

It's so cool...so many things look better than the originals!

• Patty
    Patty

How did you connect the wire ends after you bent them into a circle?

• Pippa Symone
    Pippa Symone

Yes! Love this idea! I am doing this to my chandelier. 👍👍👍

• Jenn
    Jenn

Beautiful...and the orb shape also reflects the round intertwining shape of the mirror..well done!