Lisa Schneider
Lisa Schneider
  • Adrian, MI

Wall Headboard

So I wanted a high style headboard without the high style price. This is what I came up with.
Doesnt look like much now but wait.....
Doesnt look like much now but wait.....
I stapled batting onto the wall and then went over it with the silver chenille. I used around 2 yards of each.
wall headboard, bedroom ideas, diy, home decor, repurposing upcycling, reupholster
I made a diamond pattern using thin silver cording. Where the lines intersected I stapled to creaet a slight indentation and then glued gems to the fabric to cover the staples and add some bling
I bought some doorway trim to go all the way around .
I didnt want just a plain 45% angled corners ( plus their a pain to cut ) so I used these decorative blocks and added some more bling which also covered the screws.
This is a better look at the fabric and gem
One more piece of cord to go !
All finished. It doesnt show well in the photo but I found some white pearlized paint and went over the trim to add a soft glow.

• Linda Cota Salet

Lisa, you didn't use any plywood underneath your fabric or batting? I think I will try this using a piece of plywood. I'll follow all of your steps only putting everything on the plywood, then screwing the plywood to the wall? Then apply the trim? Maybe less holes in the wall. LOL Yours came out so awesome, I'm inspired!

• Stephany

I think adding plywood like one person suggested would def work too, however it also adds to the expense. This still looks lovely and if you just used a couple tiny nails to put up the trim it's a great option for renters. Just take it down and fill the nail holes, if they're even noticeable.
  • Doreen

Yes, I have a beautiful "old" Henredon Campaign Style Pier King bed set having wonderful wardrobe storage on each side. The center, at the bed head, as a headboard is a large mirror. The mirror was never my thing so at times, or different moves I'd just show the wall. I always knew I was going go do something in that space & even contemplated buying a ready made quilted headboard but most of them look kind of cheesy. Now with your inspiration I will DIMyself. Thanks