Can regular Vinegar be substituted for cleaning Vinegar?

+5
  • Sharon Sharon on Jan 20, 2018
    Most just use white vinegar. I get gallon of it at the supermarket for around $3. If you want really strong vinegar, 20%, you get that at garden nursery, for like cleaning a fireplace/mason wall of efflorescence.
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jan 20, 2018
    Apple cider vinegar is touted for its benefits to health when used in cooking, medicine and cleaning. It is comparable to white vinegar for cleaning, as both are used for removing dirt from appliances, surfaces, windows and floors. ... Vinegar works well as a cleaning agent for many household items. White vinegar is higher in acidity than apple cider vinegar. Hope this helps.
  • Yes, but that extra 1% acidity does make a difference.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 20, 2018
    Regular vinegar is still an excellent antibacterial and antifungal agent. I'm sure that it would work just as well in cleaning.
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Jan 20, 2018
    Basically you need to be sure you are using white vinegar to clean, the other will disinfect and sanitize, but due to the color might also stain and not get white all white.
    • See 1 previous
    • DesertRose DesertRose on Jan 20, 2018
      I have never bought "cleaning" vinegar, I always clean with plain white vinegar. I use 2 cups in the commode bowl and let it set for a few hours (like over night) and then the minerals all come out easily. HOpe this helps.
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jan 20, 2018
    Hi May,
    Yes, most of us who use vinegar, use regular clear vinegar. They are the same thing. There is a stronger version of vinegar but most people use that for weed killing if necessary.