Farmhouse Style Bedroom Makeover

12K Views
We finally got around to our farmhouse style bedroom makeover! This has been a long time coming as I started this over 6 months ago and it just never got finished. Some new bedding got me back into the spirit and ready to tackle this project!
Time: 1 WeeksCost: $400Difficulty: Easy
  • farmhouse style bedroom makeover
This was the listing photo from when we bought the house. Hubby bought the house without me seeing it and I kid you not I cried the first time I saw it. It was an absolute disaster! I hated the wood paneling and the terrible carpet that was in here. I had no idea how easy it would be to makeover this room!
  • farmhouse style bedroom makeover
I started by painting all the walls in a fresh white coat of paint. We used Marshmallow by Sherwin Williams HGTV Home. I used a large nap to get in all the crannies of the beadboard so I wouldn't have to cut in with a paintbrush later. Just a coat of paint brightened up our bedroom so much and made it seem so much bigger!
  • farmhouse style bedroom makeover
I also repainted our dressers. They were hand-me downs and were beautiful french provincial dressers but needed to be refinished. I painted the long dresser in White Linen chalk paint and the tallboy in Annie Sloan Coco chalk paint. I then distressed to give them that antiqued farmhouse style.
  • farmhouse style bedroom makeover
  • farmhouse style bedroom makeover
We then added some open shelving for less than $20. It draws the eye upward and I can change out the decor anytime I want. You can find that tutorial here on my blog.
  • farmhouse style bedroom makeover
The last update we did was all new bed linens. This included a new quilt, new vintage washed sheets and replacing my euro shams with those white ruffled ones!
  • farmhouse style bedroom makeover
Who knew that new bedding could completely transform a room on its own?!
  • farmhouse style bedroom makeover
I also made this sign one night for over our bed. I had an extra sign left over that I hadn't done anything with. It fits out farmhouse style theme perfectly!
  • farmhouse style bedroom makeover
Links to all bedding can be found on my blog here!

Suggested materials for this project:

• Paint
  • Quilt
  • Sheets
Hayden Scharrer

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

• New Moon Vintage
    New Moon Vintage Lumberton, TX

Great job and looks beautiful!! Trying to add more farmhouse to my space.

• Teresa Yeates
      Teresa Yeates

I have to say first, beautiful job, second, men are so lovely about letting us do the majority of the decorating are they not? I mean in many cases we end up with lot of our choices and hopefully we think about what they like as well. Still there are a lot of men with a lot of extra pillows on sofas and beds, frilly things they would not normally buy, and accent pieces only we truly appreciate.