How to Chalk Paint Wood (Custom Paint)

$20

In South Africa chalk paint is only available in a few basic colours, of which mint isn't one of them. This meant that I had to mix it myself using the colour wheel. My objective was to paint my headboard and laundry bin.
Headboard before
This is my headboard before I painted it.
Laundry bin before
I went to the local hardware store Mica, in Selcourt, and chose mint on the colour sample charts provided. Then I asked the guy who mixes custom paint colours to please tell me which basic colours I would need to mix to get the colour mint. He checked on his computer and said I must use Powafix paint tint Umber and Green. These are small bottles of tint for a small price.
I mixed a small part white chalk paint with a few drops of both tints until I got the mint I was looking for.
Chalk paint requires no preparation or paint or varnish removal beforehand. I covered the floor with newspapers. You might need more than one coat. Just paint away!
Without sanding, I applied the chalk paint to my headboard.
And the laundry bin! I love the new look!

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year

• Wendy

That must have been fun to create your own color!
    • Laura Austin

I'm making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do,... https://www.Jobzon3.com