Andrea
Andrea
  • Clearwater, FL

Spring Shadowbox Faux Floral Arrangement

$12

It never fails. Once the holidays pass I am counting down the days for Spring to arrive. I want the warmer weather, birds chirping, and fragrant flowers. Unfortunately, I'm not mother nature, so I decided to bring Spring inside early this year. This Spring Shadowbox Faux Floral Arrangement certainly does the trick. The flowers are beautiful, bring a lovely pop of color to the room, and it was so easy to put
spring shadowbox faux floral arrangement
Supplies: 
9x9 Shadowbox
Styrofoam square 0.4 inch – 0.6 inch thick
2 faux floral bunches
Additional faux embellishments
Hot glue gun
Utility knife
Take apart the shadowbox and remove the glass insert completely. Put the middle shadow box section back into the main square frame.
Place the back piece of the frame on top of the Styrofoam and trace the size onto it. Cut the Styrofoam using a utility knife. 
Carefully push the Styrofoam into the back of the frame. Depending on the thickness of your frame you will either close the metal tabs onto the Styrofoam or if you have room add the backing prior to closing the metal tabs.
Push up the leaves so it touches the flower, as this will hide the Styrofoam underneath. Cut the faux flowers leaving a quarter to a half inch stem. 
Place hot glue on the stem and poke it through the Styrofoam in the desired location. I started with the corners and center first with the larger flowers, then filled in the rest.
Continue until all flowers have been added. Add additional embellishments as desired. Since my Styrofoam was 0.6 inches in thickness I did not put the backing on, but I was able to hang from a simple nail on the wall. 
Look at how beautifully Spring this is! I can't get over how easy it was and it only took about 40 minutes. For more craft ideas and great food go to appetiteanarchy.com
Andrea

• Cheryl Biermann

This would be fantastic if done in a huge sofa sized frame, you are a genius!

• Andrea

It would look awesome on such a large scale Cheryl :)

• Joanie

This is so pretty and soft lookin'......I love this project!! Lovely.

• Andrea

Thank you! I love that it is so easy, but no one who sees it will know :)