How to clean long burnt on grease?

+8
how do you clean the sides of and old chicken fry pan with burnt on grease ekk!
q how to clean long burnt on grea se
  • Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Jan 23, 2018
    couple of different websites for you to check out

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 23, 2018
    Soak with hot soapy water till soft and then use paint scraper to get a lot of it off. If it is upright just use Steel wool Brillo Pads. You will have to do this over a period of time..............If it is in an oven Warm oven first.
  • Cristine Schwartzberg Cristine Schwartzberg on Jan 23, 2018
    Try barkeepers' friend. This scouring powder has helped me in the past

Another thought - You could try soaking it in Coke overnight.
  • Vic12849866 Vic12849866 on Jan 23, 2018
    I have used oven cleaner on caked on grease and it works pretty well.

• Ruth Boling Whitesell Ruth Boling Whitesell on Jan 23, 2018
    I camp a lot. And yardsale old cast iron pans. The best way to clean them with no elbow grease used. Just make a camp fire outside place pan in the hot coals leave until pan red hot wont hurt. But cool down slowly by just letting cool in air out of fire. U can wipe it out with cloth when able to touch. Will be clean inside and out! Done it this way for yrs. if first time doesn't get it all off repeat!
  • Lagree Wyndham Lagree Wyndham on Jan 24, 2018
    Does not appear to be cast iron to me, so I say save yourself a lot of time and spray it with oven cleaner, it make take a few applications but it should cut through the burnt on grease.
  • Nancy Wilson Nancy Wilson on Jan 26, 2018
    My pan is Calphalon and while it's supposed to be easy clean and non-stick I have a lot of grease stuck to the pan and everything I cook sticks. I have done the scrubbing with Barkeepers Friend, baking soda and vinegar, dawn on a heated pan and nothing seems to work. I'm ready to toss the pan and spend another $35 on a new one. I may write to Calphalon before I do because I'm not sure I want to buy their product again.
  • Wendy Anslem Maxwell Wendy Anslem Maxwell on Jan 26, 2018
    Nancy, that is the inside of the pot, if it is, it is better to just toss and go with stainless steal. Buy the best you can afford and build you a good set, Calphalon is really not very good, the coating come off a lot.