Vintage Glass Knob and Reclaimed Wood Wall Hooks

$30

Make some unique wall hooks using some reclaimed lumber and vintage glass knobs. I found a piece of barnboard on our property, and I was given the knobs so this project can be very inexpensive if you use items you may already have.
Using a chop saw cut the board down to size. My board is about 9 inches tall, and I cut it down to 32 inches wide.
Clean your board using a wire brush or sanding block to remove any dirt and splinters
Drill holes in the wood for the glass knobs. Next you'll want to finish your wood. Check my post to see all the nitty gritty details of how I finished the wood to get a super smooth shabby chic look. https://thevanderveenhouse.com/2017/02/25/glass-knob-wall-hook/
I used a whitewash of chalk paint to give the wood a shabby chic look. l watered the paint down a bit, then I did four light coats of paint until I got the depth of color I wanted
Once the paint was dry, I did a quick wipe of  Minwax finishing paste using a lint free rag to give it a super soft and smooth finish
Clean the knobs to make them shiny and to bring out the original color
Attach the glass knobs to the wood using hex screws. Put the screws in from the back of the board, and gently screw on the vintage glass knobs. I took an old grungy piece of wood and some old glass knobs, and made a beautiful statement piece to hang sentimental baby clothes.

Drill some holes on the back of the board, then you can hang it on the wall! I love how this turned out. The glass knobs contrast nicely against the rustic wood, and it's a perfect place to display some baby girl dresses.
Please check the link below to my blog for more details and lots of pretty pictures.

These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Jessica VanderVeen