Keep That Wine Cozy!

$10

This project will keep you cozy inside from the winter weather, and keep your wine cozy as well!
keep that wine cozy
I got lucky when I found these terra cotta vases at Hobby Lobby for...$1.00 each! My friend uses them at her winery to chill and serve wine so I wanted to make some for her. (I might keep these!)
keep that wine cozy
I use what I have. For paint I had this all purpose primer. I'm sure you could use whatever paint you choose. The primer gives a flat, rustic, chalky texture.
keep that wine cozy
I did not worry about covering them perfectly. I wanted some of the terra cotta to show.
keep that wine cozy
For decoration I chose a stencil. I taped it on using painters tape after the white paint had dried.
keep that wine cozy
Instead of stenciling, I traced loosely around the pattern with a fine point pen. I wanted to paint the pattern to give it a more organic look.
keep that wine cozy
This is the painted pattern. I did two on each vase. Because I hand painted them they are all different. I used black craft paint.
keep that wine cozy
Using white craft paint I added details, just whatever came to mind.
keep that wine cozy
I had some beautiful material squares that I had bought for another project. Using my sewing machine I folded them, good sides together, sewed a seam, turned them right side out.
keep that wine cozy
I sprayed the dry vases with glaze. To protect the paint and to strengthen them.
keep that wine cozy
Finished! I think they are beautiful. And my wine and I will both stay cozy.

• GoddessOdd

looks great. Can you flip the stencil over to make a set with the curves facing towards each other, or would I have to buy two stencils?

• Ruth Rainone

Really neat idea. Can you put ice in the bottom? Should the inside be glazed then?

• Jody Harris

I Love it! I think this is my new hostess gift idea!

• Trudy Coyle

Love them, I've never seen Terra Cotta vases before, lovely job, I like the one's with the white details best.