My dog has dug many holes in my back yard what can I do to fix it.

+5
  • Amanda Amanda on Jan 24, 2018
    Hello. My puppy did the same thing. I would take her to the hole and tell her no, and would also catch her and tell her no. Keep on your dog and they will stop. I went around and filled the holes with top soil and then replanted grass sprinkling seeds on the topsoil.
  • Linda Barrett Dirksen Linda Barrett Dirksen on Jan 24, 2018
    All. I can say is good luck. With an electronic training collar, you can give them a tonal warning, but you have to catch them in the act. I advanced to vibration.... But unless you catch them everytime, it is difficult to break
  • Mogie Mogie on Jan 24, 2018
    Your dog is probably bored. Give it something else to keep it's attention focused on.
  • Linda Linda on Jan 25, 2018
    Fix what(it)? The dog or the holes. HaHa
  • Deb Deb on Jan 25, 2018
    Sounds crazy but works. When you fill the holes bury some of his poop in it. Agree your dog is bored. Long walks a few times a day will tire him out, and play ball with him. If you don't have the time, hire a professional to treadmill train him. Many benefits to it.
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jan 25, 2018
    Make his/her own little area where they can dig all they want.
  • JanetH JanetH on Jan 26, 2018
    I go to Habitat for Humanity and buy old oven racks for $2 ea. Scoop up some poop and cover it with dirt. Lay the rack over the top and plant some grass seed.