Leather Scraps Valentine Necklaces

$2

We used leather scraps for other project to create these fun Valentine's Day necklaces. If you don't have leather project scraps - an old belt might do the trick. These could also be used for key chains or gift tags. This is a great craft for teens too!
leather scraps valentine necklaces
I happened to have a strip of leather from a different project, as well as some raw leather scraps from one of my husband's projects to use for this project. I cut a heart template out of a piece of paper.
leather scraps valentine necklaces
I traced the heart onto the raw leather scrap using a pencil. I used a sharpie on the darker leather so I could see the pattern. Both were cut using a standard pair of scissors.
leather scraps valentine necklaces
Using a wood burning tool, I wrote words and put a very simple design on the raw leather heart. The rust colored heart I left alone.
leather scraps valentine necklaces
I used an awl and hammer to make a hole in the leather. A nail would work for this just as well. Place the leather on a piece of wood and then place the awl or nail where you want the hole and hammer it through.
leather scraps valentine necklaces
Add a jump ring through the hole and then attach to the chain of your choice. Done! My teens love these hearts and want to use up the rest of my scraps to make them for their friends. It's an easy craft that just takes minutes to complete! Have fun with it!

Hammer, awl, block of wood

My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies