Asked on Jan 25, 2018

How Can I Modernize Mirror Doors on a Fitted Wardrobe

BarbArt2188732727524803
+9

The wardrobe is in my spare bedroom and good storage so I didn't want to replace or remove
    Janet Pizaro

cover them in contact paper, paint them with glass paint
  • Ken
    Ken

Mirrors are mirrors and the style today is the same as they made them a hundred years ago. They are timeless but you should take a stroll through Pinterest to see if any of their mirror treatments sparks an interest.
  • SandyG
    SandyG

Stenciling them would be great. Click on the link below from Hometalk and their ideas for stenciling and other finishes for mirrors.

• Dolores Ott
    Dolores Ott

Maybe , try contact paper,a design that would go with your decor, or one that is used for windows to make a privacy window on a door,etc.
    • Dolores Ott
      Dolores Ott

I have used it on glass for privacy reasons. It adheres wonderfully and can be wiped .clean usually just with a very lightly soaped cloth. It wears very well. You would have to look to see the length on a roll . I think there would be enough length and width.
  • Linda Barrett Dirksen
    Linda Barrett Dirksen

Yes, that is what I was going to suggest. I used it on the outside of my shower door to cover the pitted glass. Works great!
  • 27524803
    27524803

A patterned window film (Lowe's, Home Depot) would calm down the mirror effect or using the "frosted" paint with a stencil. One thing I saw done on one of the DIY shows... flip the mirror to the inside... and paint or wall paper the plain back side.... just don't forget that they are mirror, on the back
  • Art21887327
    Art21887327

Turn them around to the other side (un-mirrored side) and paint them or cover them with fabric or contact paper
  • Barb
    Barb

For a modern rustic the peel & stick wall paper that looks like wood comes in various colors. When get tired change out. Also the window film mentioned above. The Rice Paper design gives a frosted look and reflects the light.