Asked on Jan 26, 2018

I have tons of these log ends. Does anyone have any ideas

Sharon  PhibbsMcgypsy9Bonnie
+27

• Ann Cherkas Halstead
    Ann Cherkas Halstead

leave he live edge and sand the inside and use as shelves. I would love to have some
  • Dianacirce70
    Dianacirce70

Send those beauties to Nebraska! I have a project I would LOVE to use them for. I want hanging vintage maps on my walls and use something like this on the top and bottom as sort of a frame.
  • Ac.8987526
    Ac.8987526

How lovely these are!Perhaps treated with outdoor natural varnish to make a
    bench and it’s supports. Perhaps also some staircase shaped supportsfor trailing
    plants.In the summer itlooks like a curtain and I intersperse them with traling
    geraniums.

• Jlnatty
    Jlnatty

I'd put them up on an accent wall in the right style of home - they'd look like logs.
  • Patsy
    Patsy

They would be a to die for hearth,if you can get them all Time you could make money,they are beautiful.
  • Patsy
    Patsy

Caroline sorry I mean mantels.
  • Laura Previte
    Laura Previte

Those are great - I'd love to have one!! You can leave the live edge alone and sand the inner side, varnish and attach hairpin legs for a cool console table.
  • Joe29682757
    Joe29682757

Nice off the ground walk way
  • Rod32297270
    Rod32297270

They make benches for entryway or for a kitchen table Or even for a picknik table.You can put lights fixture on each end and hang on a wall as an accent piece. Make shelves . A coffee table , put photos them and hang. You can use one of them and use is for a counter top for the island breakfast nook I think they call it. Make a headboard . There’s endless ideas. I would love to have one of them I think they are beautiful piece to add to any home. Don’t get rid of them cause these pieces are expensive!!
  • Mogie
    Mogie

Fire wood, hand make guitars, shelves, desk, etc.
  • Barbara Baldwin
    Barbara Baldwin

Are they still green? I had a bunch of them from cottonwood trees turned into railroad ties for gardens. As they dried they warped and bowed til they were unusable.
  • Caseyem11
    Caseyem11

sand The flats sides smooth, add poly and use as shelves or add legs for a table.
  • Jacquie
    Jacquie

Feature anything, wall, furniture, doorway or better yet give them to ME!!

• Jeane Novosel Dillon
    Jeane Novosel Dillon

headboard and footboard - can I order one
  • Dave Cannon
    Dave Cannon

my grate granddad made a crib out of slabs like that. My grand mother and my mother, All of her brothers and sisters used it. I even spent my time in it 60 years ago. But some how in the last 10 years it has been lost. You could make a lot of memories with those.
  • Cha2050989
    Cha2050989

Make a gorgeous accent wall
  • Cha2050989
    Cha2050989

Accent wall
  • Penny
    Penny

They would make a beautiful console table my husband and I are currently searching for wood like that to make a console table
  • Castrang17
    Castrang17

Oh yes, send to me!!
  • Danielle Odin
    Danielle Odin

What ever is a console table?
  • Kristin
    Kristin

Make shelves! I ordered the black metal brackets on amazon. Everyone comments on them when they visit.
  • Ursula
    Ursula

Cut them into thick discs and arrange into a feature, end-cut, parquetry floor somewhere .. like an entrance, bay window nook, living room hearth, kitchen or office floor - depends entirely on how many pieces you end up with. Celebrate any imperfections in shape and you could end up with a wonderfully unique floor. What an opportunity!
  • Stefany
    Stefany

Shelves

• Bonnie
    Bonnie

I am making a family tree on my stairwell wall, they can be randomly put as you hang your pictures.You can arrange your tree first and add pictures but I am going to hang pictures and randomly place branches to resemble a tree not be specific. It's a big project and I have saved many different wall samples. I want to use many shapes and add geneology books on shelves etc. It is a MAJOR undertaking and will take months I am sure. I like to look at everyones ideas and then use the ones I like best so Thank you everyone who has posted Photo gallery walls and ideas

• Mcgypsy9
    Mcgypsy9

Make some outdoor planter boxes and use these as the siding for them. I see this post has been here a while, did you find any uses for them? Do you still have some? Thanks!

• Sharon  Phibbs
    Sharon Phibbs

Split them down the middle with a log cutter. Make both sides flat and smooth. Take the parts of the wood you cut off make four legs and you have an unique coffee table. I have a coffee table made like this. It is truly unique.