Hi, does any one knows any effective cockroach repellents. Thanks

+19
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Jan 26, 2018
    I have found “combat roach motels “are great
  • Mary Anderson Mary Anderson on Jan 26, 2018
    Boric acid powder. You can find it at most grocery stores or walmart.
  • Brenda H Brenda H on Jan 26, 2018
    Borax.
  • Angel Angel on Jan 26, 2018
    Cheap wine in a pie pan not a lot and place underneath things like the sink and leave you will see it does work
  • Ken Ken on Jan 26, 2018
    The truism goes that you cannot kill roaches, you can only send them to the neighbor's house. There are lots and lots of sites out there with suggestions and products. I like this one because it goes after a lot of the homemade brews that seldom work:

• Leah Leah on Jan 26, 2018
    The best thing for me was glue traps. They love to eat glue. They use to make them, but I have not seen them lately for roaches, but I do see them for mice. If not covered , make a ten over with foil with asmall opening. If pregnant, they drop and the glue catches them right away. Hundreds of them. I used this method in a house we bought that had been sprayed every week for months. After a month, never saw them again.
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Jan 26, 2018
    Boric acid.
  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Jan 26, 2018
    A few years ago the neighbor moved away and his mother had the place cleaned out. Turns out he was hoarding garbage and who knows what else. He was definitely hoarding roaches. We tried several different exterminators and all they did was chase them from one room to another. We found a product on Amazon called Gentrol, it got rid of them completely in a couple of weeks. Its just a bait you put in discreet places that kids and pets can't get to. Its really good stuff, I believe it was $60 for 4 tubes, pricey, but cheaper than just one of the exterminators, and we still didn't have to use it all
    • Gonzalez-Moreno Samuel Gonzalez-Moreno Samuel on Jan 26, 2018
      thanks for your answer.
      I will try this also, the condo exterminador came today and I will see if this is carry by wallmart, if not I will order from amazon.
  • Marcam1977 Marcam1977 on Jan 26, 2018
    Hi keeping as much FOOD items as possible in sealed jars or plastic containers. Same thing with food items such as potatoes, onions, etc. ALL these (what DOESN'T attract them!😢) bring about these sob's. Like the previous person who posted, Combat Roach Motels, help somewhat. You need QUITE A LOT, and need to place them ALL throughout your apt/home. Placing a BIT of "bait" in there is even better. You have to consistently do this as you "catch" the roaches inside, and replace MORE, especially where you notice activity. In addition, there are boric acid PELLETS that can be placed strategically, throughout areas of noticeable activity. I prefered these over the powder acid as while my daughter is now grown, I do have pets. If you have children, grandchildren, visiting children, these pellets CAN BE PLACED VERY HIGH UP IN CABINETS IN A SMALL CORNER, for instance. If your children DO NOT go in closets, I would also place a few in the very back corners. Bathrooms too as roaches like moisture. Under your kitchen sink way in the back corner, place more, as well as your bathroom, if possible. You'll know the areas in your place to put them. But they must not be accessible to children or pets as they are a poison. Wash your hands after placing the pellets. The roaches chew these and bring it back to the queen. And more die. Yeah. Disgusting. How did I learn some of these things? Well, a number of years ago I lived in what one would call a "luxury" apartment building in NY. Going back almost twelve years ago, paying $1,900 rent to me was alot! My apt was beautiful, HOWEVER, there were other apts in the bldg that were being gutted out (as mine had been before I moved in) and refurbushed...well...roaches followed. I was SOOOO UPSET to say the least. Long story short, management, after me fighting with them, gave me extra pest control for a year. This helped considerably and I learned alot, unfortunately about roaches, pests etc. Thankfully, I saw no mice. Sprays are temporary of course, and NOT healthy. Plus, if you have children, pets or any health or breathing issues, this is really NOT a good idea. Key here is to keep being diligent with the Roach Motels (and those too should be carefully placed) as trapped/dead roaches can make susceptible individuals very allergic to their casings) and replace as needed and in the areas most seen. Also, very impt, keep all open food items sealed and protected. Roaches have been known to eat through plastic and boxes. When I learned this I was mortified AND disgusted. Now I store almost all my items out of my refrig, in sealed glass jars. I'm not living there any longer. I KNOW this post was long. But I truly hope it helps and perhaps you MAY find other options as well. BTW, I have also tried MANY types of "sonic" plug in roach/insect/mice/pest,etc repellent. Unfortunately, they DON'T work. I've had expensive ones and in between. Followed all instructions and had them in for several months. Nothing. They even said it would bother my pet rabbit. It did not. At all. Anyway, at this writing, God willing, I'm roach free. I live in the south now and bugs are everywhere lol. I'm ready if they bother me! Good luck to you🌠
      Thank you margamac2, for your answer, my service dog and I, we started eating out. In AM just a cup of coffee and bread, I clean after and dry. No food is left out for any time. Clean, dry and spray Matts for my dog to pee and dispose and clean. Sonic devises are not good, they attract to live there....so I will use your pellets idea together with other ideas and see what happen.

this is my list to go shopping today because all of you that answer.

Cucarachas roachs....

combat roach motels ....Ok

Boric acid pellets........ok

Borax ?

Cheap wine in a pie pan not a lot and place underneath things like the sink and leave you will see it does work...ok

glue traps.....ok

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Jan 26, 2018
    They will not cross a barrier. I have heard of persons placing a line up this in a cupboard, to protect their food. It is an ingredient in some roach killers. Plain boric acid is pretty inexpensive as compared to some roach killers. .
  • Marcam1977 Marcam1977 on Jan 26, 2018
    Sounds like a good plan. Good luck. I'm sure it will help☺
    It is not carried by Walmart, its a professional grade product.