Best wood to use for fascia ? Need help FAST.

+5
I live in So FL. I am having roof replaced NEXT WEEK and want to have damaged (one piece from termites/ others from just “wear&tear”) fascia board replaced too. Which wood will be more durable? Roofer wants to use white pine but someone else said pressure treated(PT) wood is best. The roofer said PT wood is cheaper and will bend. Is pine best? Pressure treated? Something else? I want to make the right decision so I don’t have to pay again in too few years.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 27, 2018
    Metal or Concrete or Tile?
    Fascia board - Composite or UPVC ...........
  • Bijous Bijous on Jan 27, 2018
    White pine is a dense wood and commonly used in the South. Composite is the best but pricey. The rest of your house is probably made from white pine. Keep up the termite treatments and you're good to go with the pine.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 28, 2018
    Usually pine or fir is used, which must primed and painted for durability. Wood is the least expensive option, but you'll need to repaint the fascia on a recurring basis.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 31, 2018
    My pleasure........