I have a huge hole in my yard. I have heard of a underground garden?

+5
It is the size of a small but deep pool. About 8 to 9 feet deep and 6 to 7 feet wide.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 28, 2018
    Was this were a plunge pool was? Was it man man or has it just appeared? Do you mean a sunken garden?
  • Cindy Cindy on Jan 28, 2018
    Never heard of that but sound like a great place for a water fountain garden!
  • Phyllis Bennett Phyllis Bennett on Jan 28, 2018
    No the dirt was removed for backfill for a garage to be put in. I'm not sure it was said to be something the Indians did?
    I think it was a sunken greenhouse but it did say how to set it up?
  • Cathy Dillon Cathy Dillon on Jan 28, 2018
    Sounds like maybe you should actually use it as a koi pool! the basic idea is line with epdm ( rubber stuff) and add some sort of water pump/ fountain to aerate the water.
    Something the indians did? Maybe this was some sort of attempt to create a cave/ storage below the freezing point? A root cellar for storing vegetables? Underground caves generally have very stable - year round temps of around 55 degrees. This is intriguing! 8 or 9 feet deep IS quite a lot of material removed so I would encourage you to investigate all the possible uses so that you get some enefit of all the work so far.
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 29, 2018
    I would find out what caused the hole before I did anything else. If it is a sink hole, I'd get professional help before it gets larger.