The Painted Fabric Chairs!

Yall, I am so excited to share this with you! These are my painted chairs! I painted the fabric on these and the wood and it was easy peasy! :) This is one of my favorite projects I have done lately! I would love to know what you think!
Before & After!
Before & After!
Before - This is just so not me. :) I'm not into the flowery look at all!
Before - I didnt think this was to bad but I wanted them to match. So it got painted too!
This was what 1 coat of paint looked like. I sprayed the chair down with water to keep the paint from absorbing to much. I used 2 cups of latex paint, 2 cups of Textile Medium (Hobby Lobby - dont forget your coupon!) and 2 cups of water mixed together very well. I did 2 coats and then went to work on painting the wood.
This is after 2 coats of Primer (Zinsser Bulls Eye 123). Next up it's time for the paint!
Final product! I'm a very happy girl!
I added a coat of Minwax Polycrylic to seal it! What do you think?! I would love to hear your thoughts!

Heather (The Wilson Farm)

• Reta Green

what is medium?i want to do rocking chair cushions that are on my porch.posible?

• Patti McCurlie

This is awesome... just wondering how the paint holds up on the fabric... I have an old wing chair that I'd love to try this on... wonder also how this might work on velvet?

• Heather (The Wilson Farm)

I also did this on a couch and it held up for 3 years of everyday use. It started to fade in one spot. But it was used everyday.

• Carol Rawlston Hixson

Does it still feel like fabric, or is it stiff? With use, does the paint crack?

• Mar32079284

Would you use this application to an office chair?

• Mar32079284

• Lori Malanoski

I have a question. I love your chairs and you inspired me to do this to a chair I have. Since I changed my decor, I want to paint it a different color. Can you tell me if I'd have to do the whole process over again; paint, water, fabric medium? Or can I just use watered down paint or paint not watered down? My chair already has 3 coats of paint, water, fabric medium mixture. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

• Carol Cole

I love how these turned out. They look so majestic.

• Lois

Love it. Very beautiful. I also will do this. I am looking for a cheap chair at thrift stores to practice first. Thanks for sharing. Great work