How many cucumber plants should be planted in a 4 x 4 x 4 container?

+4
  • Cindy Cindy on Jan 28, 2018
    Hi there. I love this time of year when planning the garden starts. For your 16 square feet, I think approx. 18 seeds will be enough. I would put 2 seeds in each hole, And 3 holes per row. The most important thing to do when growing cucumbers is to give them a trellis to grow on. Something at least 3 feet tall, or even taller. You can start the trellis up one side and down the other. If left on the ground, you will increase the odds of rotting.
  • Dfm Dfm on Jan 28, 2018
    read the seed package- it will tell you how far apart to space the seeds. it will also depend it you have them growing vertical, supported on a fence, or on the ground. on the ground..18 to 36 inches apart.
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Jan 28, 2018
    If it were mine, no more than 4 and provide them with a place to climb besides
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 29, 2018
    The rule with cucumbers is usually to plant 2 per square foot.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 29, 2018
    I would only grow Two. with lettuce and radish underneath or maybe tomato .........
  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Jan 29, 2018
    I agree with no more than 2. And make sure they have trellis or something to climb up. I plant one regular and one pickling cuke plant a year and they go everywhere, and I get tons.