Update Your Brick Wall or Faux Brick Wall With 3 Steps!

$10

Hi!!! So Spencer and I are working on a project for our bedroom with an antique mantel. We bought the mantel and it had this outdated faux brick board and I wanted to brighten it up since we have a cottage/beach style going on in our house. It was super quick and easy and I want to share with you guys what I did.
So I had this paint in my paint cabinet and added water to it to thin it out. I wanted it that way because I wanted it to be water to get in the crevices and so I could wipe it well.
I just took a regular style paint brush and painted over the entire thing. I I was pretty heavy-handed with it because I wanted it to get into the crevices really really really well.
As I went along I took a paper towel and wiped off all the excess. It gave me a really good warm look and not uniform in places.
And it is all done! I'm super happy with the results and can't wait to put it inside the fireplace I will show that project completed soon but I just wanted to share this simple and easy technique to update any brick wall or faux brick wall. We would love if you followed us on Sierra Stars Furniture and Gifts on Facebook. Beth and Spencer

• Paint brush  (Walmart)
  • Paper towels  (Walmart)
  • Rustoleum white paint

• Wendy

I love this new look! Super chic
  • Jeanette S

Beth and Spencer,

This is getting done on my fireplace brick that covers the entire wall of the den. I think it is depressing!

I want the brick whitewashed! I don't want painted because it can peel, but the white wash won't. I want to take the shutters down, paint an ivory color and whitewash the brick.

Then maybe put up some shutters that are more Mediterranean to go better with the arches. I am too old to go through a complete redo of my house...but I since I have to paint, I would love to update it a bit!