Want to get rid of some squirrels.

+9
Want to get rid of some squirrels.

• Mogie Mogie on Jan 29, 2018
    Train your dog to run them off.
  • 27524803 27524803 on Jan 29, 2018
    I would not try poison.. if you or the neighbors have dog or cats that might eat them .
  • Ken Ken on Jan 29, 2018
    I have heard that them are good eatin'.

Failing that approach here is a page from wikiHow detailing squirrel control: https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Squirrels
  • Kerri Coil Kerri Coil on Jan 29, 2018
    There are some plants that repel squirrels, look at American Meadow site and search for plants that repel rodents, etc. Other than than that I wish I knew, I have a rabbit so I can not use those plants or the repellants in the stores and they drive me crazy,
  • Erin Erin on Jan 29, 2018
    Big dogs?
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 29, 2018
    No matter how hard you try you will never be rid of squirrels. They are a part of nature, when you get rid of one, another will soon take its place in your yard looking to find food to stay alive. The most you can do is deter them from eating your plants. I use cayenne pepper powder and shredded Irish spring where the rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks like to chew on my young plants. If they are really persistent, like chipmunks, I put down a mouse trap baited with peanut butter. The snap scares the bejesus out of them and they will leave that area for a while. I hope this helps a bit. You need to renew the powder frequently, esp. if it rains. The soap, not so much.
  • Sara yaker Sara yaker on Jan 29, 2018
    why? they are beautiful animals in our environment. How are they hurting you? They want to live and find food, they won't hurt you, your kids or pets.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 29, 2018
    nothing you can do with certain plants, there no such thing.You can try to repel them.https://www.imustgarden.com/repel-squirrels
  • Soledad Caneda Soledad Caneda on Jan 29, 2018
    Sara they eat the fruits and vegetable and left nothing
  • Phyllis Phyllis on Jan 29, 2018
    OMG Are you kidding Sara........... The house behind me has a chestnut tree. I have a small variety of trees in my yard. I have found as many as 327 holes in my lawn from the squirrels digging. They dig in my potted plants, my daffodils and tulips and other beds. Every year I find one here and one there (spring flower). and on and on. The chairs that are kept in the yard have a water proof covering and the little squirrels have torn thru the fabric and are removing the stuffing, rendering my beautiful chairs useless because they are all tore up. They managed to do this in 2 days when I was not in the yard and discovered the damage. I am 81 years old ---I cannot compete with these mischevious critters. I also find buried chestnuts sprouting little greenery all over the yard and any potted plants, whether in and around trees, on the porch,dug up bulbs. Is that enough to make you rethink your statement.
  • Betsy Betsy on Sep 23, 2018

Hi Ant: Basically, you can't. Feed them somewhere else, and remember, everything needs to eat, so if you can, learn to enjoy the little buggers. I will say that they climb up my peach trees and throw peaches at me, but that's only when I forget to put something out for them:) If they are chewing on your wiring, spray it with a mixture of 3/4 water and 1/4 oil of clove (you can get it in the candy making section of the store, it's a bottle about 2 1/2 inches high and only costs a couple of bucks). Put this in a spray bottle and spray whatever you don't want chewed or clawed. Works for cats and dogs, too. Won't harm them, smells great, tastes terrible:( Good luck

• Get a bag of blood meal from the nursery, spread through garden. The squirrels don't like blood smell at all and it also is a mild fertilizer