Kitchen Makeover- (countertops)

$520
2 Weeks
Advanced

Hi friends,

I'm so excited to share the process of remodeling our kitchen. We gutted the entire house and started from scratch.

We tore out the entire kitchen; flooring, cabinets, back splash and island. We were planning on purchasing new cabinets & countertops. Once we realized we would have to cut the bottom cabinets to get them out of our home, we decided to paint them and continue using them.

kitchen makeover countertops

Here's the kitchen before we started anything. Desperately in need of some work!

kitchen makeover countertops

I’ll show you a couple of the in-process photos of our kitchen.

kitchen makeover countertops

We took the countertops off and painted the boxes white.

kitchen makeover countertops

Once we reinstalled the bottom cabinets, my Husband started building the countertops. He used plywood and then added backer board to give them stability.

kitchen makeover countertops
kitchen makeover countertops
kitchen makeover countertops

We laid tiles out across the top of the counter and used thinner tiles for the edges.

kitchen makeover countertops
kitchen makeover countertops

When we were happy with the look, we spread grout over the whole space, making sure to press it in between the tiles.

kitchen makeover countertops
kitchen makeover countertops
kitchen makeover countertops
kitchen makeover countertops

Angela Hodges Lloyd

• Hen33471453

did you re-use the old hinges on your cabinet doors?

• Karen

what did you use for back splash? It looks like brick

• Tonia Bacon

She used what they call white subway tile. Hope this helps.

• Waneta Wilson

I see that the question was asked before but no answer. How did you finish the corners? In the only picture of the corner it shows a gap. How was that taken care of? Could you post a picture of the corner finished? It does look beautiful!