Faux Brick Backsplash

$60
1 Day

DIY Faux Brick backsplash from faux brick panels

We used a 47.75-in x 7.98-ft Embossed Red Brick Hardboard Wall Panel from Lowe's. They are $29.98 and one is enough for a average kitchen.

My husband measured and made cut outs for the outlets, using a jigsaw.

We used construction adhesive to apply to the panel. Apply the construction adhesive liberally to ensure it is secure. Use finishing nails to secure the ends.

Put your cut panel into place.

These panels came "Brick Color" I wanted the base to be white so I picked up a quart of white paint.

This is after the first coat of white, we used a basic white.

I added some black paint into random spots and smeared with my rag to add in touches of darker brick.

Next I applied dark wax to the entire panel to give the effects of "aged" brick. You can go lighter and heavier in some spaces.

Next I needed to light the grout. I used some white chalk paint I had on hand.

Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth

To see more: https://simplyjunkin.com/2018/01/04/diy-faux-brick-back-splash/

• Jeri Illsley
    Jeri Illsley

Im not familiar with the wax. What does that do? Also u painted it all white and then the color reappeared on the brick. Did u wipe it off the bricks after???

• Mary J Griffard
    Mary J Griffard

How do you cut to go around electric plugs

• Patricia
    Patricia

Did you wipe off any of the white chalk paint on the bricks or just smudge and smear the black and darker colors over the white.? I love the look.