Asked on Jan 31, 2018

How can I wash my pillows,I have a front loading machine with no soaki

Caseyem11Mpa10674563Susan
+4

• D.d25380608
    D.d25380608

Are they feather or foam or polyester?

• Carey
    Carey

My niece taught me a perfect method of washing my pillows. Take a needle and thread and make huge basting stitches all around through the pillow to hold the stuffing in place. You want enough stitching to prevent the stuffing from being moved from its location in the pillow during the wash and rinse cycle. This does not harm the pillow and is easy to remove once they have been washed. Then just wash them as needed. Once I learned this, I even do it with my Pet beds and I don't take the stitching out of those since it makes no real difference and I wash them fairly frequently, it saves me time and I don't have to try to move the stuffing back into place..
  • Dianacirce70
    Dianacirce70

Just put them in and run them through a cycle. You may need to do an extra spin. Then put them in the dryer with a tennis ball, or two
  • Susan
    Susan

pillows (make sure you KNOW what they're made of first) can be washed in front loaders... in a way, they're just "fluffy" clothes. Always HOT if you can to ensure any bacteria is killed etc. and be prepared to dry them
    F O R E V E R.
    I wash my foam filled pillow and my down pillow once every 4-6 months ( and use the dryer on HOT every other month just to freshen - with some scented essential oil)
  • Mpa10674563
    Mpa10674563

ARE YOUR PILLOWS FILLED WITH FEATHERS? FEATHERS HAVE TO BE REMOVED FROM CASING AND LET TO SIT IN WARM WEATHER AND THEN PUT BACK INTO THE WASHED COVERS. LOOK AT THE LABEL ON YOUR PILLOW FOR INSTRUCTIONS FOR WASHING OTHER TYPE PILLOWS.
  • Caseyem11
    Caseyem11

I wash my fiberfill pillows in a front loader on hot and the permanentbpress setting. Into the dryer with tennis balls. I often put them outside on a sunny day to freshen them up.