Asked on Jan 31, 2018

Pantry door with 15 glass panels

VimarhonorLindaCleta
+36

We cannot stand seeing through the glass panels seeing our food. Any interesting ideas to hide the food please?
Thank you to everyone for all of your fantastic ideas.
    Janet Pizaro

cut pout privacy film or paint it with glass painter replace the door
  • Diana MacKenzie
    Diana MacKenzie

Mac-tac has a glazed effect paper, just cut, peel and stick.
  • Marvin Croson
    Marvin Croson

You can buy decorative film to go in the panes. It comes in frosted with design or patterns You can get floral etc. Turns out beautiful.
  • Andrea Krom-Smith
    Andrea Krom-Smith

I would try putting a curtain to match whatever room this in on the inside of the door. I have seen children art work placed on the glass inside. Also they can be painted to match wall.
  • Tammy Jones
    Tammy Jones

There are so many ways. You can buy frost spray paint...it will make it look blury. You can paint cool desighs like beautiful flowers. You can black them out with chalk paint and write o. The windows. Or you can find a busy stencil and use it to do most of the coverage. JoAnn has faux stain glass art for small window panes.
  • Dianacirce70
    Dianacirce70

Lace, or doilies can be decoupaged on with a solution of water and white glue
    • Cindy Mathis
      Cindy Mathis

That’s what I was going to recommend. It is so pretty. Wallpaper or paint a pretty color on the inside with labeled bins holding food. You might be surprised at how pretty that might be looking at it through the paned glass.
  • Tammy Jones
    Tammy Jones

Use color tissue paper and mod podge to creat a cool look. In example find a coordinating color use a paint brush to spread mod podge over glass carefully place the paper over the glue after it gets a little tacky then paint over the back with more of the glue. This is also easy to remove if you ever change your mind. I would also invest in color coded containers to store foods including bins which would make looking into the pantry cultivating rather than clutter.
  • Izzie
    Izzie

The most economical way would use frosting type spray, faux etching, on inside of door. Still let in light, but camouflage groceries...
  • Lisa S.
    Lisa S.

Can you hang a little white curtain on the inside? That way it would not be permanent .
  • Caseyem11
    Caseyem11

Fabric soaked in starch applied to the panels is easily removed when desired.
  • Marilyn Mineer
    Marilyn Mineer

I used a french door panel for a bathroom door. Frosted the glass with a can of glass frost.

• Sherry Hershberger
    Sherry Hershberger

Make it picture frames. Use chalk board paint, maybe pics of family. Or photos of theme of kitchen.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes

Contact paper ... so many textures, colors, even stain glass!
  • DP
    DP

I used contact paper on my front door, it looks like etched glass, found it on amazon..
  • Bve32579672
    Bve32579672

You could frost the glass with Kryon spray paint.
  • Dana Ellebracht
    Dana Ellebracht

I used glass paints. It looks like stained glass and can be peeled off and redone if you get sick of it.
  • Peggy Strickler
    Peggy Strickler

It took a little time but I masked off all the wood (or covered it in plastic drop cloth) then painted it with frosted glass Krylon spray paint. It turned our awesome. It might have taken me an hour to tape it off and some quick light coats of the Krylon and I was done. The pic is a walk in pantry. As you can see with the light on in the pantry you still can't see what's behind the door.
  • Flipturn
    Flipturn

What size is the door? Is it the same size as any other door ( perhaps a closet?) in the house?
    Generally these types of doors with the glass in are more expensive than solid doors. It seems rather a waste to cover the glass up when it could be used to better advantage somewhere else where it would be OK to have the light and the view to shine through.
    My suggestion is to switch it out with a solid door.
  • Rose Rawson
    Rose Rawson

I was surprised when two of my new cabinets arrived with glass fronts I had not requested. I also didn't want the contents showing through so easily.

I found some frosted glass looking contact paper with a design on it which I used that on the glass. Now you really can't tell what's inside. It looks great and breaks up that long wall of cabinet doors.
  • Melinda Yaeger-Rudin
    Melinda Yaeger-Rudin

chalk board paint , you can use as a grocery list.
  • Lollie
    Lollie

I like the Frosted Krylon spray paint, looks very high end.
    Lollie
  • PatMason
    PatMason

Put two command hooks each at top and bottom of door then using curtain wires or rods thread a piece of fabric which is hemmed top and bottom and hang inside. This looks pretty when gathered up and is not permanent so can easily be removed or changed
  • Dorothy
    Dorothy

Deco Paige family photos and make it a giant picture frame

• Hope Mercier
    Hope Mercier

Cricut has vinyl that sticjs to the glass but would come off later if wanted.

• Annie
    Annie

super easy...a double rod door panel curtain hung on sash rods inside.
  • Mishalucy
    Mishalucy

Glass etch
  • Frances Rouse
    Frances Rouse

Cover the glass with family pictures as in a scrapbook.
    • Ashley
      Ashley

ohh i like that! I would keep it all black and white so that it can work All year round
  • Ashley
    Ashley

I found a very nice roll of wrapping paper and cut it to fit the backside and used glue dots to keep it in place. It looks so nice when the light goes through it, but that’s because it’s my bedroom door not a closet door.

• Carol J Nielsen Bohm
    Carol J Nielsen Bohm

Like the hanging fabric curtain idea. Not pemanant, easily changed per your mood or season.
  • Dee
    Dee

I think the glass etch would be the best way. You can make it as light or as dark as you want..However it will be permanent. The frosted paint can be easily be removed.
  • Pamela King Schanks
    Pamela King Schanks

Frost spray paint. I have french doors leading into my sitting room, but felt I needed more privacy since our sitting room has a large window on one wall. I didn’t even tape anything. I just sprayed light coats.

• Tammie
    Tammie

There is wonderful film out there now. Uses water to attach, so no commitment. Some have designs, some are complete privacy.. It's wonderful! I live in a city where neighbors are close, I use on those Windows.
  • Bet32497559
    Bet32497559

I highly suggest "Artscape" film. It comes in a roll and you just cut it to the size you need. You spray water on the glass, place the film on the glass and use a small squeegee (which is included with the product), and you are done. It is extremely easy to do, comes in many styles (stained glass, frosted, textured glass, etc.), adheres without any type of glue and can be removed easily without leaving a residue. It is also very affordable. I purchased a 24" x 36" roll at a big box store to put on replacement windows in a bathroom for about $15. They have a website if you want to check it out: www.artscape-inc.com
    Good luck!
  • Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello,

Pretty Curtain on top and bottom wire. Stained /glass Cling on each window. Contact for Glass. etc.

• Cleta
    Cleta
    2 hours ago

You can etch or frost your glass panes.

• Linda
    Linda
    An hour ago

You could add a curtain (sheer, lace, or something you like in a pattern or color) on small rods at the top and the bottom to shirr it a bit and keep it from flying around when you open the door.

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor
    12 minutes ago

We love the privacy film on our bathroom windows